FemiLift Laser Vaginal Tightening San Diego
Femilift – A Vaginal Rejuvenation treatment
Femilift is a minimally-invasive CO2 laser out-patient treatment delivering state-of-the-art optimal care for multiple feminine concerns. The Femilift treatment tightens the vaginal canal, reduces urinary incontinence, and improves postmenopausal vaginal dryness.
Why Rejuvenate the vagina?
Just like the skin, the vagina changes with the process of Aging. Hormonal changes, childbirth, weight changes, cancer treatments all can lead to the altered vaginal mucosa, causing mucosal atrophy or overstretching of the tissue.
What are the symptoms?
As a result of the above-mentioned changes, certain Symptoms can develop:
- Postpartum vaginal laxity – stretched vaginal canal after babies
- Stress urinary incontinence – leaking with coughing laughing or exercise
- Recurrent urine or vaginal Infections
- Itching, and burning
- Vaginal dryness and thinning mucosa – causing micro-tears and discomfort
- Post-menopausal Painful intercourse
- Reduced satisfaction with intercourse- due to decreased sensitivity and overstretch of the canal
How does Femilift treatment work?
Femilift delivers a powerful CO2 laser for thermal heating and micro-ablation of the vaginal wall. This laser treatment process stimulates your body to produce new elastin and collagen returning the vaginal canal to a more youthful state. As a result, the vaginal wall will have a thicker mucosa, be smaller and tighter in diameter, and have more elasticity. The femilift treatment also stimulates the growth of new blood vessels and improves the local tissue immune response. Therefore the vagina will lubricate more easily and have a restored PH and flora, meaningless itching, burning, or recurrent infections.
Ask Dr. Kat a Question:
Who is an ideal candidate for Femilift treatment?
- Women that have given birth to children and are experiencing vaginal laxity
- women that experience urinary leakage with laughing coughing jumping or other activities
- Menopausal patients suffering from vaginal dryness, itching, burning, or painful intercourse
- Cancer patients that have undergone premature menopause
The Femilift treatment at Allurant Medical
At Allurant we are committed to delivering results while making sure you have a pleasant and comfortable experience.
- The treatment is a fast minimally invasive office-based procedure, taking approximately 30 minutes.
- It is painless, requires no anesthesia, and has no downtime.
- Femilift treatments have a greater than 90% patient satisfaction rate
- The effects are long-lasting.
Depending on the symptoms being treated, you may be advised to have a top-up procedure to maintain results.
- The series includes 3 treatments on average, spaced 2-4 weeks apart.
- For full vaginal restoration and in the case of vaginal laxity a course of up to 5 sessions may be required.
- Most women experience significant improvement in symptoms after 2-3 sessions.
What does the procedure entail?
The CO2 laser is delivered by a narrow specialized plastic tube that is inserted into the full length of the vaginal canal.
The part of the equipment that comes in contact with the vagina Is disposable to prevent any transmission of disease.
Are there any restrictions?
After the procedure, you can not have intercourse or use tampons for 3 days. You are also advised to avoid any hot tubs or baths for 3 days. Regular exercise is ok but you should limit any strenuous activity for 3 days.
Is the procedure safe?
CO2 lasers have been used for over 30 years in multiple medical applications including gynecological treatments. Similar laser treatments have been long used to rejuvenate facial skin.
Energy delivery and parameters are adjusted to your specific goals and comfort level.
As with any medical treatment, the expertise and training of your provider is a crucial determining factor in the success and safety of your treatment.
To find out more and know if you are a good candidate for this procedure, call us for a complimentary consultation.