Are you less than thrilled with the size and shape of your lips? If so, you’re not alone. Full, luscious lips are a cultural sign of youth and beauty. That’s why lip enhancement is a top cosmetic procedure.
So, if your lips have thinned and lost their definition over time, or if you didn’t win the genetic lip lottery, lip enhancement might be for you.
Why Enhance Your Lips?
Lips can be a beautiful focus of your face: Fuller lips can balance other features in your face and create a beautiful harmony. At Allurant we approach every lip enhancement with attention to the the relationship of the lips to the overall facial features. We enhance your lips based on ratios of what works best with your facial symmetry, your ethnicity and of course what you find beautiful to look at. We want your lips to express who you feel on the inside.
Full lips can be attractive to potential mates: Sexual allure is all about natural selection and reproduction. Subconsciously, we choose mates that are fertile and have fantastic baby-making potential. Your facial features serve as attractiveness cues to potential mates. Full defined lips suggest youth and sexual vitality, whereas thin lips can signify aging.
They Feel Fantastic: Have you ever kissed someone with large, soft, plump lips? If so, you know what a lovely, sensual experience it can be. And if your lips are full and plump, kissing feels better to you as well. Lips are a sensual and potent erogenous zone. So, if you have naturally plump lips or if they’re enhanced, kissing you will be a memorable experience.
You Have lost Volume over time: I often hear “I used to have much thicker lips and they have just disappeared!”. Your skin loses collagen and elastin in the process of aging. In lips this means less volume, thinner and wrinkled lips. Many people also lose the natural vermillion border which outlines the lips.
Vertical lip lines around the mouth: The lips can deflate over time. Expressions, talking, sipping from straws can all create vertical lines around the mouth called smokers’ lines without ever having smoked! Fillers are a great way to regain the lost volume and shape in your lips, and to correct the lines around the mouth.
Now that you know why lips are so alluring, here are 12 secrets to flawless, natural-looking lip enhancement.
The 12 Secrets to Flawless Lip Enhancement
- Lip enhancement via injections is as much art as it is a exact knowledge of anatomy and science. Where your doctor and injector chooses to place your filler is as essential as which filler she decides to use. And that’s where her artistry will shine through. You want to enhance your lips in a way that looks natural.
- It’s common to use celebrity photos as inspiration for your lips. But, when it comes to lip injections, you should have an expert help you decide the look that will work best with your unique facial anatomy and characteristics.
- You can fully customize your lip enhancement procedure to achieve your desired results. For example, you can choose to have your bottom lip enhanced or plump a specific area of your lips (like the middle pout to create a heart-shaped mouth). Your aesthetics expert can develop the best treatment option to create your desired result.
- When you plump your lips with a filler, your lips will feel the same as your natural lips – as long as you choose a qualified, experienced professional.
- Lip filler gives you near-immediate results. Your lips swell a bit immediately after your procedure, but after 24-48 hours, the swelling will begin to subside, and you’ll be able to see your final results.
- Lip implants give you permanent results, but lip injections typically last between 6-12 months, giving you the ability to try your new look.
- When you use a hyaluronic acid (HA) filler like Volbella, Kysse, or Restylane, your practitioner can quickly reverse the effects if you don’t like your results. She’ll use an enzyme called hyaluronidase to dissolve the filler within minutes.
- Lip injections require minimal downtime, so you’ll be able to return to your daily routine immediately.
- It’s common to have minor bruising and swelling after injections. You can minimize these side effects by avoiding any medication that causes blood thinning ten days before your procedure.
- For best results, don’t drink alcohol or exercise on the day of your treatment.
- The cost of lip enhancement varies depending on your desired outcomes. Can costs range from $500 to $1,500.
- Concerned about the pain? Your practitioner can numb your lips with a topical anesthetic, or a nerve block, before your treatment and apply ice before each injection.
Note: get your lips done at least 2 weeks before an important event to allow for the reduction of swelling or bruising.
At Allurant, we use America’s highest quality dermal fillers to give your lips natural fullness, and we have a team of highly-trained experts available to answer all your questions. Contact us for a complimentary consultation today and discover which treatments are right for you.