An Introduction to P-Shot
A sexual enhancement treatment for men, the Priapus Shot (P shot) is named after the Greek god of fertility. As a result of its painless, noninvasive, and drug-free nature, the treatment has helped thousands of men improve their sexual health over the past decade. In the field of male enhancement, it has proven to be a game-changer.
The P-shot is the placement of PRP in the penile shaft and glans to treat a multitude of concerns.
Platelet-rich plasma has been the subject of more than 800 scientific papers. More than 75% of patients report effectiveness, and none report any significant side effects. It is a safe and easy procedure for the treatment of erectile dysfunction among other indications.
Benefits of P-Shot
- Based on PRP research, Platelet Rich Plasma therapy has been long used in recovery from muscle and joint injuries as well as in the treatment of some chronic conditions.
- It is virtually side-effect-free.
- Because the P-Shot is made from your own blood, there are no artificial substances in the injection. This also means that there is no chance of an allergic reaction or rejection by your body.
Treatment Without Medication
The P-Shot isn’t the only erectile dysfunction treatment available. Many oral and injectable medications exist to boost erection strength and stamina. But the P-shot does not have any of the adverse effects that most medications have. Many of the medications are not safe in certain medical conditions, where as PRP is safely used to treat or supplement treatment of erectile dysfunction in medical conditions
What does P-shot treat?
The P-Shot is used to treat:
- Erectile dysfunction (ED)
- Enhancement of sexual function, performance, and orgasm
- Enhancement of the penis size: may lengthen and widen the penis
- Improved growth of new blood vessels, and blood flow, therefore firmer erections
- Improved growth of new nerves, therefore a more sensitive penis
- Orgasms that are more intense and stronger
- More stamina during sex, better ability to maintain a harder erection for longer period of time
- Improved sexual function after prostate surgery
- Lichen Sclerosus, an inflammatory condition of the skin of genitals
- Peyronie’s Disease: A condition where erect penis curves as a result of scar tissue
What to Expect in a P-Shot Procedure:
In the Pre-treatment phase:
- To find out whether you would benefit from a P shot, you need to come in for a consultation with one of our providers.
- We will discuss your options for anesthesia and numbing. Our doctors will take every precaution to ensure you won’t feel a thing. It’s understandable if you are nervous, but the procedure is completely pain free with the correct numbing process.
- We may also recommend simple modifications to your diet and activity prior to the procedure to ensure high quality plasma.
- Your provider will apply a topical numbing cream to your penis.
- We will draw your blood and process it at the bedside to get the concentrated PRP.
- While the PRP is being made, you can receive a local penile nerve block if you need additional anesthesia.
- Once the PRP is prepared in a centrifuge, usually 5 minutes or less, it is loaded into a syringe and prepared for injection. In a few short injections, the PRP is placed into the shaft and glans of the penis, typically with no discomfort.
- The whole procedure takes less than 30 min and could not be easier.
There is no down-time and you can resume all activities immediately , including sexual activity.
- After 6-8 weeks, your physician will want to see you again to make sure you are satisfied with your treatment, and deliver a second treatment as indicated.
- Depending on what we are treating, you may need 1-3 treatments at 6-8 week intervals and then maintain every 6 months for achieving optimal benefits. Treatment without downtime and without invasive procedures.
- You can resume your normal activities following your shot. There is no need for downtime. You can even have sexual relations the same day you get your shot!
What to look for in a Provider
Make sure your provider is specifically trained to safely administer PRP into the genital region. Ask about the clinic certification as well as experience.
Questions to ask about P-Shot
When searching for a provider to administer your P-Shot, here are some questions to consider:
- A recognized medical license or certification that allows them to practice medicine.
- Are their reviews and results positive?
- Are there comprehensive details about their procedures, costs, and anything else you are interested in seeing on their website?
- Could you contact them by phone, email, or through an office administrator?
- What about meeting them for a quick “meet-and-greet” or asking some initial questions about them?
If you are looking to enhance optimal sexual function or treat an erectile dysfunction, you are not alone. At Allurant Medical, our team of experts will assist you in finding the right path to your sexual wellness.
In addition to P-shot, we offer other modalities which may offer benefits depending on your needs. The modalities that work well with P-shot for additional benefits include:
- Sound Wave Therapy for improved erections, and enhanced sexual experience.
- Bio-identical Hormone Replacement, if needed based on your individualized hormone levels.
At Allurant we offer many treatments for Intimate Health that work well independently or together to optimize your sexual function and experience.
To find out more whether you can benefit from any of these treatments call us at 858-222-1444 and come in for a complimentary consultation.