Lip Enhancement in San Diego
LUSCIOUS, SEXY LIPS!
Natural Looking Lip Enhancement
The Best Lip Enhancement In San Diego
Are you interested in dermal fillers for the purpose of lip enhancement? Do you want plumper lips with no imperfections and possibly a better shape? If so, then dermal fillers might be a good choice. We offer the best lip enhancement in San Diego! This guide will give you all the necessary information needed about getting dermal filler injections for the purpose of lip enhancement.
What does it mean to get lip enhancement?
Lip enhancement is a cosmetic procedure that plumps the lips. This can be done to fix imperfections, alter their shape, and increase volume. The shape of your lips is something you’re born with, but aging is what causes the lips to thin out. When you get a lip enhancement procedure to plump the lips, it makes them look fuller, healthy, attractive, and youthful. There are many kinds of lip enhancement procedures. Filler injections are what is usually done these days. Book an appointment with Allurant medical to get a lip enhancement in San Diego.
How do lip augmentation procedures work?
Practitioners have used different kinds of dermal fillers for injections into the lips and around the mouth area. Some of the common fillers are hyaluronic acid, collagen, and fat. When it comes to lip augmentation, the most popular filler is hyaluronic acid. This particular filler is easily injectable and provides virtually instant results. It will even last for a long time too and there is very little risk to your own personal health.
Hyaluronic acid is a substance which is naturally produced inside the body. It allows your skin to do a better job of retaining moisture. That way, the water retention in your lips will keep them looking fuller and less thin. Your lips’ structure and shape are also affected by this moisture too. As you age, you lose more of your hyaluronic acid. So, hyaluronic acid fillers are a great way to restore the plumpness of your lips.
Lip Augmentation Procedure Steps
1) Get a consultation with a licensed and qualified professional before the lip augmentation procedure. Talk about the procedure and whether it is appropriate for your needs. You will learn the preparatory requirements of the procedure and the risks and costs too. Allurant Medical is a premier provider for lip enhancement in San Diego.
2) There are certain preparations and health guidelines you need to obey before the procedure. If you take any kind of medications, whether over the counter or prescription, tell your doctor about them. Some medications like blood thinners cannot be taken so close to a lip augmentation procedure. You’ll be asked to stop taking it by your doctor for this reason. In addition, you cannot smoke tobacco or drink alcohol within a few weeks prior to the procedure.
3) Hyaluronic acid filler injections are an easy and simple procedure to get done. You will hardly experience any discomfort or pain. The entire procedure should be finished in under 60 minutes. Afterward, the results will be instantaneous. There will be no recovery time either, so you can resume your regular activities too.
4) You need to practice aftercare methods following the procedure, especially if you feel discomfort, swelling or pain in the injection site. Ice cubes or an ice pack will help alleviate these symptoms. Try not to use lipstick or apply makeup to the lips within hours after the procedure. Don’t consume alcohol or perform any intense physical activity either.
Who is a good candidate for lip augmentation?
Most adults are suitable to receive lip augmentation. Of course, your doctor will confirm this with you during your consultation with them. Make sure you have realistic expectations regarding what you want your lips to look like. Your doctor will advise you on whether your expectations can be met or not. If they can, the doctor will go over how your desired look will be accomplished and what steps must be taken to achieve it.
If you have certain kinds of health problems, such as blood clots, diabetes, lupus, or oral herpes, you won’t be able to receive any hyaluronic acid fillers. If you’ve ever had these conditions in the past, tell your doctor just to be safe. If you have any allergies, particularly to lidocaine or any similar substances, tell your doctor.
Hyaluronic Acid Filler Types Available
There are several types of hyaluronic acid fillers available in the market. Only regulatory officials can approve these products because they want to make sure the minimum standards are met in them. Each filler may be different according to the duration of their effectiveness and their price tag. Again, your doctor is the most suitable person to recommend the best product that will meet your needs.
The most common hyaluronic acid fillers used are Restylane, Juvederm, Hylaform, Elevess, and Captique.
Practitioners and doctors love to use filler products which have lignocaine in them. This is an anesthetic which allows the procedure to be painless for the patient.
How safe are dermal fillers?
In general, dermal fillers are deemed safe. But there is always going to be some risk of side effects. If you experience any, they will probably be short-term side effects following the injection. The most common ones include swelling, bruising, bleeding, tenderness, and redness. These effects should subside after a couple of hours. It is rare to have long-term side effects, so don’t worry too much about that. Long-term side effects would be issues like asymmetrical lips, infection, consistent swelling (for more than 1 week), tissue loss, and allergic reactions. If you experience any of these longer side effects, see your doctor immediately.
Practitioners performing lip enhancement previously used fat and collagen as the source of the dermal fillers. Now they like to use hyaluronic acid fillers because they offer many advantages to the patient. These advantages include the following:
1) Safety – We all have hyaluronic acid in our bodies. That is why there is virtually no chance of a patient experiencing an allergic reaction from this substance. The same cannot be said for animal-based products like collagen which has been known to cause serious allergic reactions in numerous patients. The only way hyaluronic acid could cause an allergic reaction is if it includes some other component like lignocaine. Otherwise, it is perfectly safe.
2) Instant Results – Traditional fillers take days or even weeks before the results are noticeable. The great thing about hyaluronic acid fillers is that the results are noticeable immediately after the procedure. If you’re planning for a party or event, you won’t need to get the procedure done weeks beforehand. You can get it done right before the big day.
3) Gradual Changes – Some people don’t want to have too much filler in one appointment because it will make their appearance look too unnatural. Since hyaluronic acid is injected in small doses, you can get this treatment done gradually over the coming months. This will allow your changes to appear gradually too. That way, people think it is a natural look for you.
4) Better Lip Volume Management – The practitioner is able to control the amount of dermal filler that gets injected in order to achieve the desired lip size or volume. There is never too much filler used.
5) Easy to Restore Your Lips – Sometimes patients will want to revert back to their original look because they either don’t like the outcome of the procedure or their practitioner made a mistake. With hyaluronic acid fillers, it is possible to reverse their effects and restore your lips back to normal. The practitioner will simply inject a substance called hyaluronidase into your lips. This substance will dissolve and eliminate the hyaluronic acid inside the lips. Then your lips will be restored.
6) Quick and Easy – It will take under 60 minutes for the procedure to be finished. You will hardly experience any bruising or pain either. Once it is over, you can go back to your daily activities without needing any time to recover. If you get bumps while moving your lips, the practitioner can easily get rid of them for you.
7) Results Last A Long Time – The results of hyaluronic acid injections will usually remain for roughly 6 months or longer. Once you notice the results going away, you can go back to the practitioner for maintenance injections to keep up the appearance.
Advice for After the Procedure
After the dermal fillers are injected into the lips, you may experience minor symptoms like swelling or bruising. These symptoms will normally go away after a couple of days. During the first signs of swelling, your practitioner will give you ice packs to help reduce the inflammation. For the next 24 hours after the injections, it is highly recommended that you don’t consume alcohol or perform any kind of physical exercise. Don’t put any cosmetic products like lipstick on your lips during this time either. Avoid touching your lips or kissing anyone until the day has passed.
If you experience uncomfortable pain, try taking over-the-counter medications like ibuprofen or paracetamol. Ice packs or cold compresses can continue being applied to the lips for the next couple of days as well. Just be sure to press lightly against your lips with the compress. You don’t want to put too much pressure on them. Talk to your doctor about homeopathic solutions for swelling and pain symptoms too.
How regularly do I need to get the injections done?
The results of lip fillers should remain anywhere from 3 to 9 months. After that, you will need to get more injections to sustain the results and keep the same appearance. The type of dermal fillers used will determine the duration of the results. Ask your doctor about the duration because they will be able to give you the best answer.
If you change your mind about getting more filler injections into your lips, just wait long enough and your lips will go back to normal.
The Price of a Lip Enhancement Procedure
Lip enhancement is a bit expensive for the average person. This is a cosmetic procedure which means most insurance companies do not have plans that cover them. Even if a complication or health issue were to be unexpectedly caused by the procedure, you might not get coverage from your insurance company. Therefore, you need to understand those risks before getting the injection.
The average price of a lip augmentation procedure is anywhere between $650 and $1,500. Some of the factors that go into this price include the number of injections needed.
Learn more about lip enhancement here!